Makes enough for 3 to 4 servings.
- 3 tablespoon, Oil – Sesame
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 chopped large head of broccoli,chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 12 ounce, Extra Firm Tofu (or prepped protein of choice), chopped up into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium, sliced into bit sized rounds
- 2 cup zoodles zuchini
- 1/4 cup bone broth (or vegetable stock) to add to pan as needed while the vegetables cook
- 3 Tbsp, Tamari (or liquid aminos)
- 4 Tbl, rice vinegar
- 2 tsp(s), lime juice
- 1 tsp(s), honey
- 1 tsp, ginger
- 2 clove, garlic, raw
- Clean and chop all of your vegetables and items for your sauce. Zoodle your zucchini.
- Make the sauce. Stirring together the tamari, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, and 1 table spoon of the sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat the 2 Tbs oil in a large skillet or walk over medium heat. Add the broccoli, stir to coat then let cook 4 to 5 minutes stirring often so that the vegetables don’t burn. If the oil is not enough, add a few tablespoons of the stock to help continue cooking without having to add additional oil.
- As broccoli starts to look tender add mushrooms, carrots and shitake mushrooms, and chopped protein then stir to coat. Add a few more tablespoons of bone broth, stir then cover for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once vegetables are about ready add the sauce and stir to coat. Let cook for a few more minutes until done.
- Once cooked sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with brown rice or noodles if desired. Spice it up with chili sauce, soy sauce, liquid aminos or fermented chili oil!
- If you want to save time you can also use a pre made sauce, like the one below
This information is just for the stir fry, not including any added rice.
- Calories per serving 333
- Total Fat 19 g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 3 g 14 %
- Monounsaturated Fat 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 5 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
- Sodium 472 mg 20 %
- Potassium 336 mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrate 30 g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 6 g 25 %
- Sugars 12 g
- Protein 15 g 30 %
- Vitamin A 92 %
- Vitamin C 108 %
- Calcium 15 %
- Iron 14 %
Recipe Inspired by: http://www.loveandlemons.com/sesame-broccoli-shiitake-noodles